Thursday, February 24, 2011

Map Challenge

I am designing a brochure/poster for the first annual Dedham Open Studios (story here). This will be a big undertaking. This is the style map I would like to use. I have been using Illustrator. I think that is the best program to use. More flexibility with sizing and colors. I am using online maps for a basis.

If you have lived in Massachusetts or visited you would realize how confusing our roads are. I feel bad for visitors. That is a whole other story about our road layouts.

I think the challenge will be fitting in text and graphics to point people in the right direction to see the art and studios. This is my first pass and I know there will be lots of revisions. It will be interesting to see the transformation of the map. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment